Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Challenge to Milley and Esper--Do Your Duty
This thread might still have some relevance this election year.

Espers new book gives us new insight into the chaos of Trump's White House.

Trump's former Pentagon chief Mark Esper tells Fox News that the ex-president 'threatens our democracy'
https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-former-pentagon-chief-mark-152940160.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Mark Esper told Fox News that Trump "threatens our democracy."

Esper, Trump's former Pentagon chief, cited January 6 and Trump's refusal to accept the 2020 election results.

Esper also said he hopes Trump doesn't run again in 2024 because he's too divisive for the US....

Many democracy watchdogs and top experts have also warned that Trump poses a threat to fundamental democratic norms and have said his behavior mirrors that of authoritarians. Freedom House's annual "Freedom in the World" report in 2021 said that Trump oversaw "unprecedented attacks on one of the world's most visible and influential democracies."...

"I hope he doesn't," Esper said when asked if he believes Trump will run for president again. "I hope the Republican base can figure out that while President Trump pushed a lot of traditional Republican ideas…that there are other candidates out there that could run that could do it without dividing the people, without creating such tension within the country, and do it by growing the base as well."...

The former defense secretary and Army veteran, who wrote a memoir on his time in the Trump administration that was published Tuesday, has sat for a number of interviews with major outlets in recent days.

Trump, for his part, has denied many of the claims in Esper's book. In a statement to "60 Minutes," Trump referred to Esper as a "lightweight."

"Mark Esper was weak and totally ineffective, and because of it, I had to run the military," Trump said.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Challenge to Milley and Esper--Do Your Duty - Dill - 05-10-2022, 07:40 PM