Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$40 billion for Ukraine, no baby formula for the US
Even though times are tough economically, I can not quite imagine that the US actually has to make a tough decision between helping Ukraine and feeding their own children. That choice is not real like in the meme of the dude that has to choose between two buttons. In that sense, I consider the initial question to be a bit sensational.

As for financial aid to Ukraine, I want to mention that the US is not standing alone. And has a self-proclaimed leadership role in the western world. European countries just have to decide how much own well-being they want to give up to defeat Putin. And that's a tough choice to make, especially regarding banning Russian oil and gas. If the US goes forward and shows that they are willing to really help in a substantial manner, the willingness of other countries to make some tougher sacrifices and help out more extensively is increased. In that sense, the dollars spent by the US multiply.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: $40 billion for Ukraine, no baby formula for the US - hollodero - 05-12-2022, 01:11 AM