Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$40 billion for Ukraine, no baby formula for the US
(05-13-2022, 09:23 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Jan 6th was a shameful day in our history & anyone participating in violent or destructive acts should be prosecuted. And yes, Trump should have been on TV ASAP shutting it down. Hopefully he won't run again.

That being said I don't see conservatives as whole (Not even close) to being the pro insurrection party.

That might be fair, I sure used that as tongue in cheek a bit, for in America people often get called pro-something. Pro-crime or Pro-pedophilia for example when voting for a SC judge.

As for the conservative party as a whole, well I have a very different perspective on that. The party censores people that claim the insurrection was real or that refused to find Trump the votes he needs to overturn the election. They call the insurrection a legitimate political discourse. And by saying "they" I mean the significant majority at least, for otherwise these things would not have happened.
Whoever calls the insurrection a vacation or a deed of patriots does not get censored, however. Or speaks of stolen elections or defends this "Green Bay sweep". And for sure not all those that run to Trump to kiss the ring, so to speak, the guy you imho rightfully (btw kudos for that) paint as behaving shamefully on Jan 6.
In light of all this, I have a really hard time calling them an anti-insurrection party these days.

(05-13-2022, 09:23 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  No shame here.

It was never my intention to shame you for anything. I was, and still am, curious on how you weigh those things. No bad intentions behind it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: $40 billion for Ukraine, no baby formula for the US - hollodero - 05-13-2022, 10:32 AM