Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy
(05-13-2022, 03:21 PM)hollodero Wrote: At times I feel you have a tendency to put more blame on Democrats for things than they deserve.

For one, Trump is the face of the opposition party, how could one just ignore him. It's also not like they are helping him out of any slumps. For me, the ones that are responsible for the ongoing presence of Trump, first and foremost, are still those that sing his praises. It's also not feasible, imho, to not tie the whole GOP to him. Who aside from singular figures is not fully on board with him again really.

The Dems could do better, they always could, they often appear not quite competent really. It's the Roe effect - sure Dems made mistakes, but those that are mainly responsible for overturning Roe are still the judges that do so and the party thant wants them to.

Of course, this is a comment rather small in importance.

(05-13-2022, 04:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not going to pat democrats on the back, but Trump has our entire political system by the balls and like any abuser, we are his until he decides it's over.  Maybe I give him too much credit, but we've seen first hand what happens to longstanding members of the GOP who don't kiss his rings.  I thought he might be done after the 1/6 thing and a number of members of the GOP said enough is enough, but they saw how the voters sided and changed their tune right quick.

It's just the way it is right now.  You can quit smoking after the doctor tells you your lungs are full of cancer, but the damage is done.

I think both of your are misunderstanding my point a bit.  I don't place the lions share of the blame on the Dems for this, or even a majority of it.  What I am saying is that they are achieving the exact opposite of their stated intent by constantly invoking Trump as the face of the GOP.  You're both certainly correct that he currently is, in most ways.  But the Dems are only further cementing that with their current tactics and calling him King MAGA.  They're literally assisting that which they claim to abhor.  Would Trump go away if they stopped?  No, certainly not right away, but it would be a start.  Instead they're adding fuel to the fire instead of trying to put it out.  I get it, they think it's part of a winning strategy for the mid-terms, but I don't think it's helping and it's definitely hurting.

Also, Hollo, you may be correct that I am too hard on the Dems.  It's veyr possible as CA is run by some of the dumbest and most ideological inane asshats I have ever seen in my life.  They make my life miserable and have caused thousands of people to be victimized.  So, yeah, I probably am too hard on them nationally.  But I've been far too tainted by the brand off bullshit they shovel in this state,
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - Dill - 12-04-2021, 02:37 PM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 12-07-2021, 11:51 AM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-03-2022, 11:58 PM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-04-2022, 09:19 AM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-04-2022, 05:22 PM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-04-2022, 12:31 AM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-04-2022, 12:19 AM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-04-2022, 02:50 PM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-04-2022, 03:02 PM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-04-2022, 05:12 PM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-04-2022, 05:26 PM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-04-2022, 05:51 PM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-04-2022, 07:44 PM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-05-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-13-2022, 04:52 PM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-16-2022, 04:49 PM