Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$40 billion for Ukraine, no baby formula for the US
(05-15-2022, 09:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Storming the Capital was fine, but has to be peacefully done. 
Violence was unacceptable, but both sides use violence at "peaceful' rallies.

Trump could never have stayed in Office, most sane people are aware of that. He was voted out, plain and simple, anything he did after that was just him being a sore loser.

If you can't see that, then no idea what to tell you.

So far "both sides" have not stormed the Capitol with zip ties to block the peaceful transmission of power. That is different from breaking into a laundromat during a riot to rob coin dispensers.

Trump certainly was voted out, but not "plain and simple."  I'll explain why I "can't see that."

This isn't just about storming the Capitol, itself an unprecedented event, but also about the manner in which it is incrementally becoming a heroic event to millions of Republican voters.
https://theweek.com/donald-trump/1006031/gop-rally-recites-pledge-of-allegiance-to-flag-flown-by-jan-6-insurrectionists
And like the Russia investigation, it is gradually being embedded in a "hoax" narrative across the Right.
https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/january-6-insurrection-hoax/
So that's not over.

And when I said "seize the government," Iwas not just referring to the Capitol insurrection, but also to the Green Bay Sweep, the coordinated plan of Republicans from 7 states to present an alternative slate of electors to the House on Jan. 6, placing the legitimacy of the elections in question, with the goal of forcing a House vote (per the Constitution) to settle the issue, giving the presidency to Trump. Note: the alternative slate was not and could not have been valid, but there would have been no way to determine that for days. 

It's not clear that this could not have worked. At the very least, had Pence carried out his assignment, a far greater cloud would have been over the election than already was with NO evidence of fraud, enhancing the Big Lie's credibility with the factual/video account of Republican "electors" being illegally denied by Dems in a blatant power grab--just as Trump predicted. The coup stalled through the effort of some Republicans, who may not be in office the next time around.

What this "sore loser" has done "after that" and "out of office," is remain the GOP's power in Congress and front runner for 2024, with a promise to use his office to pay back all those who stole the election he won by millions. And a number of state legislatures are creating the legal basis for that win, should voters in their states pick the wrong guy.

I don't understand why people assume there was really nothing to worry about back then and there won't really be the next time around--if we just leave it up to the system things will work out fine. As if Trump is past and can do no harm out of office.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: $40 billion for Ukraine, no baby formula for the US - Dill - 05-16-2022, 05:01 PM