Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$40 billion for Ukraine, no baby formula for the US
(05-20-2022, 01:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Point blank, you have a child that needs to be fed, supplies are short, are you willing to give up your share for others to hoard while your child goes hungry?

Well, no. I just think that is not the issue. And neither do the Republicans. If you see this as a problem, you might just as well take it up with your own party just as much as with the liberals. Passed with unanimous consent.
The way I see it, Democrats attempted two things. 1) increase the number of formula available (which requires funds) and 2) making sure that families with little money still have access to it. Contrary to your concerns it's the first point Republicans are opposed to, not the second one.

(05-20-2022, 01:59 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: IF those other suppliers were already meeting the FDA requirements, their products would be flying in.

What i see is the gov would just hurry and rubber stamp that shit and now we got a new problem to add to it.

Ah well, they actually wanted funds to ensure no fraudulent products from abroad are getting sold. It sure takes funds to ensure just that. Without funds, it might come to what you fear, which seems to be the republican proposal (since there is none to be seen, I assume it is). Regarding your own ideas that do not align with Republicans, it seems you'd propose giving the good stuff to taxpayers who can afford it and those who can not, well take the shitty foreign products or just learn to get by. Is that your idea? And if not, what is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: $40 billion for Ukraine, no baby formula for the US - hollodero - 05-20-2022, 02:10 PM