Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$40 billion for Ukraine, no baby formula for the US
(05-20-2022, 02:10 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, no. I just think that is not the issue. And neither do the Republicans. If you see this as a problem, you might just as well take it up with your own party just as much as with the liberals. Passed with unanimous consent.
The way I see it, Democrats attempted two things. 1) increase the number of formula available (which requires funds) and 2) making sure that families with little money still have access to it. Contrary to your concerns it's the first point Republicans are opposed to, not the second one.

Ah well, they actually wanted funds to ensure no fraudulent products from abroad are getting sold. It sure takes funds to ensure just that. Without funds, it might come to what you fear, which seems to be the republican proposal (since there is none to be seen, I assume it is). Regarding your own ideas that do not align with Republicans, it seems you'd propose giving the good stuff to taxpayers who can afford it and those who can not, well take the shitty foreign products or just learn to get by. Is that your idea? And if not, what is.

They responded too late to this. 
Should have addressed it when if first started getting recalled. Get the inspectors in those plants asap so that they can keep producing instead of stopping altogether. Any one can figure it out if they are recalling and not producing more at the same time that soon enough there will become a shortage, considering they already have a good strangle hold on the market.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: $40 billion for Ukraine, no baby formula for the US - Mike M (the other one) - 05-20-2022, 02:17 PM