Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$40 billion for Ukraine, no baby formula for the US
(05-20-2022, 02:57 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not sure i was 100% clear.

Plants were shut down in Feb.
Inspectors should have been there in a few days after that. Supervise everything getting cleaned and get production back online asap.

Production is just now getting back underway. That's what? 2 and a half months of No Production and product recalled? Totally inexcusable for the market size they command.

OK I just question the government's actual authority to get production back asap through interference like that, and even more so the political viability. It is not exactly a hands off, free market idea.

The way I see America, this is never the preferred option; and in that sense, the blame rather would go to the producer than the government. Or the sort of monopoly one producer of formula seems to have, which is an often seen result of said "hands off" economy. But as I said. I'm all for your idea, I just doubt too many Americans would be.

Also, my other practical point imho still stands. Congress can't pass a law that demands a time machine being used to travel back to February and fix the issue back then. Even if that's what should have been done, and even if it's the Democrat's fault it wasn't done. It doesn't fix the problem right now, and it still needs fixing right now, independent from mistakes made in the past. In that sense I still do not understand what Republicans are doing right now.

(05-20-2022, 02:57 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: As far as what to do for now? 
use tax payer money to cover the S&H for getting it direct to families that can't wait any longer or that can't find the product in their areas.

... what would S&H mean? Sorry, maybe everyone knows that, but I do not. (Not that there's a republican proposal where I could learn about it...)

Imho, I'd say spending money for quality control of additional foreign products sounds like a viable quick fix.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: $40 billion for Ukraine, no baby formula for the US - hollodero - 05-20-2022, 03:07 PM