Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$40 billion for Ukraine, no baby formula for the US
(05-20-2022, 04:04 PM)hollodero Wrote: Overall, I feel there's always the problem of distributing a sparse essential product. Whatever form of government aid you choose, it will alter the imbalance, and it will always alter it to the benefit of those who could not afford it otherwise. Which means there's less left for anyone else. And that seemed to be your initial problem, that taxpayers get screwed out of getting formula by subsidizing it. Your plan in the end would have the same effect, even if the aid is for everyone.

WIC? Women infants children, or do I get yet another abbreviation wrong? Because I'm puzzled otherwise... no one but this target group needs formula.

OK, that I can not determine. If it's clear the recovery will set in sooner anyways than any foreign product could ever get approved, then ok the bill would indeed be pointless. I just assumed that isn't the case.

big difference between giving an entity rights over the individuals. 

There are way more families that are not on WIC than on it. 
They can issue vouchers that can be used to pay for direct orders.

Sorta the same, but onus is on the person not the entity to order it if they need it, otherwise wait for it to arrive in the stores.

I'm done discussing
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: $40 billion for Ukraine, no baby formula for the US - Mike M (the other one) - 05-20-2022, 04:48 PM