Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chris Carter has been impressive
(12-04-2015, 03:23 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: define tools...

He carries his hands low.
Gets high in his stance. 
Plays immensely better from the right side.
Punch timing is off. 
Lacks power from his lower half. 

All things that are correctable with good coaching, except maybe lacks power from his lower half... but I assume you are saying that because of the injury.

I can think of a few other lineman who came in here with the same problems.. everyone gets to Cincinnati and is "high in his stance".

I don't have many facts to back up my scouting report, but where are you getting your information? I feel like you just stated some general problems that rookie lineman have.....

this is from NFL.com

"Bottom Line

NFL evaluators are very worried about Ogbuehi's core strength and ability to anchor in pass protection, but some of his anchor issues could be improved with technique work -- especially where his hands are concerned. He should be a plus run blocker, especially on stretch plays, but needs to add strength and work on technique if he is to reach his play potential. Ogbuehi's bowl-game injury could hurt his draft standing, but his traits and potential might be able to keep him in the first round."

The good news is, he has Whit as a mentor and Paul Alexander... he is set up for success. If another team had drafted him, I would have more doubts.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chris Carter has been impressive - J24 - 11-30-2015, 09:32 PM
RE: Chris Carter has been impressive - J24 - 11-30-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: Chris Carter has been impressive - 3wt - 12-03-2015, 09:24 PM
RE: Chris Carter has been impressive - 3wt - 12-04-2015, 02:28 PM
RE: Chris Carter has been impressive - GreenCornBengal - 12-04-2015, 03:53 PM