Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Mike Brown always bashed as the worst owner in football
(07-27-2022, 11:52 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Listening to JT the brick on sirius XM he said Mike Brown is the worst owner in professional sports. He is the most recent I hear this from media personalities all the Time. Our team success dwarfs Browns Commanders since Snyder took over Lions are worse Texans worse. Yes he isn't the best owner in NFL but He definitely isn't the worst. Just ridiculous with the team success recently Mike Brown continually gets bashed its not justified IMO.

I'd wager the difference is the timeframe or just how long Mike Brown has been at it as our owner and GM.  The Browns, Lions, DC squad, and Texans have tried different front offices and GMs and even had different owners in some senses.  Mike Brown, until Joe Burrow arrived and was an instant success at a position that has been made extra ultra essential, hadn't won a playoff game in his 30 or so years in charge.

That's a long time to not be a winner when people are most likely to notice winning.  

Also, if (god forbid) the Bengals botch locking down Burrow for life due to someone like Sam Walton (or his kids...they own the Broncos right?) or David Tepper offering 100% guaranteed money then Mike Brown is going to be right back as square one as "the worst."

But again, Burrow is so damn good that I'm not convinced Mike Brown just coincidentally became a SB-worthy GM and owner on his own.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is Mike Brown always bashed as the worst owner in football - Nately120 - 07-27-2022, 02:08 PM