Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Diontae Johnson's new contract set the floor for Tee Higgins next deal?
I don't really enjoy talking about this stuff before the season but I think Tee is as good as gone. For that matter, I'm not sure they'll be able to keep Chase when it comes time. It's becoming harder and harder for big-ticket wideouts to co-exist with franchise QBs, as we've seen this summer in GB and KC.

But it's even harder for those teams (or rather, those team? lol) that operate under self-imposed business restrictions in addition to the cap. This organization really is at a crossroads with the guaranteed cash nonsense and so many key players needing to be re-upped. The main thing working in our favor is the fact they don't have unlimited tags at their disposal- otherwise we know Mikey would use them. So it "favors" us in the sense that they can't hide behind tags (call it the Bates strategy) for much longer.

I think they'll make an exception for Burrow, show that to the league as "proof" that they're willing to put money in escrow, then basically nickel & dime the others and see them walk as soon as they're able. Such a shame because I don't think anyone wants to leave this team. It really has the makings of a dynasty if they could ever get out of their own way.

It's for that reason that I think this year and maybe next are the glory days. This is the window. I don't want to underestimate Burrow's ability to make chicken salad out of chicken sht- we know he's special- but it's only for the next little while that he won't even have to try.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Diontae Johnson's new contract set the floor for Tee Higgins next deal? - tms - 08-05-2022, 12:02 PM