Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
FBI executes search warrant at Mar-A-Lago
(08-11-2022, 09:45 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I don't think the FBI explains details of an active investigation to the public. And I Know Merrick Garland the AG doesn't. And Biden is POTUS and doesn't speak for the DOJ.

I didn't see the two current officials in the article. Lot of pictures and stuff and ads. Nothing about two current officials?

Correct. The SOP from the FBI is not to comment on ongoing investigations, which is why Comey's comments on Hillary Clinton were considered so outside of the norm. Garland has been very tight-lipped, and I appreciate that. When it comes to investigations like this it is a no-win situation to comment on them. If charges haven't been brought, and honestly even then, so much can change at a given time that comments can be outdated by the time they are made. Plus, commenting to say someone is the subject/target of an investigation just creates guilt in the public eye. That is something the DoJ should be 100% against.

As for the Biden administration, they have made their comment. Biden had no knowledge of the raid beforehand and found out from the media just like the rest of the public. That is also as it should be. What else could they say?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: FBI executes search warrant at Mar-A-Lago - Belsnickel - 08-11-2022, 10:04 AM