Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
FBI executes search warrant at Mar-A-Lago
(08-13-2022, 03:42 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I’d bet my last dollar that Trump walks free from this. Maybe even walks back into the White House. I just don’t see him getting what the majority of us here want him to get.

I just don’t understand this one simple fact. IF he’s guilty of all this, why is he still walking free and not locked up already? If this was you or me, we’d already be taken away in cuffs and never see the light of day again.

(08-13-2022, 04:07 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah sure, I'm just saying. A careful/hesitant person, like Garland seems to be, might shy away from indictments. Trump, in that sense, is above the law. Not as much as his supporters want him to be, but still.

So, the thing to keep in mind is that this is still in the investigative process. That was the reason the warrant was originally sealed. The DoJ isn't to the point of filing charges at this time. Garland is a very careful and cautious person and he is legitimately trying to run the DoJ as it should be run from what I can see, but he also knows that if Trump broke the law it needs to be dealt with. They will be going over everything with a fine toothed comb.

Federal prosecutors are normally risk averse, not brining charges unless that are almost certain they will result in a conviction. This is going to go beyond that. They will be looking for beyond-a-reasonable-doubt before they ask the grand jury for the indictments. On top of that, the charges will have to be worth it. If it is something that the federal sentencing guidelines wouldn't recommend jailtime for, I wouldn't be surprised to see them not charge him. I also think that if he is convicted, whoever is elected in 2024 will grant him clemency.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: FBI executes search warrant at Mar-A-Lago - Belsnickel - 08-13-2022, 05:20 PM