Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail
(09-06-2022, 09:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Everything makes Burrow stronger and better, including jinxy-ass thread like this.  Burrow is like 1980's Hulk Hogan...even landing your finisher on him just makes him stronger and makes him win.

Side note, you gotta love wrasslin' logic and the Hulkster.  HEY, I got it...you know how in wrestling when people get hit by devastating moves they get like...hurt and more likely to lose?  How about when I get hit by a devastating move it makes me stronger and more likely to win!  It's genius!

As a kid who was a "smart mark" it was pretty upsetting trying to convince myself the Macho Man had a shot against Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania V.  What do you say?  NO don't land that flying elbow that instantly leads to you beating everyone else on earth on Hulk Hogan...you'll lose 30 seconds later!  Ya just can't win.  

Imagine that in football terms.  Hulk Burrow is such a good QB you're going to go up 49-0 on him and then he's going to get mad and win 30 seconds later.  Ok rant over.

The notion that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger..Kind of nonsense.. I had a heart attack a few years ago and in February has major surgery that didn't kill me, but it sure as hell didn't make me stronger.. I spent 4 months on my ass looking at the TV..  I guess my remote control button pushing finger got marginally stronger, but that's about it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail - grampahol - 09-06-2022, 11:26 PM