Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Let's talk about income inequality
http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/06/05/oreilly-income-inequality-play-giant-ruse-designed-get-votes-dems

Bill O’Reilly tonight charged Hillary Clinton with selling the myth of income inequality to gullible voters.

O’Reilly said that the 2016 contender’s strategy is to tell minorities that they’re treated unfairly and to tell working class Americans that the deck is stacked against them.

“That is the play here – to convince Americans that market competition is bad, unfair, it’s a rigged deal. Sadly, that message is gaining currency,” O’Reilly said.

“The Factor” host cited a CBS News/New York Times poll which found that 61 percent believe that only those on top can get ahead economically, while only 35 percent think that anyone can get ahead. The poll also found that 66 percent think money should be distributed more fairly, and 50 percent favor government limiting the amount earned by top executives. Of those polled, 71 percent want to raise the minimum wage to $10.10, which O’Reilly said he also favors.

O’Reilly said that Americans are buying into a “dangerous vision” that the government should control the flow of money.

“That goes directly against how America was founded,” he said.

O’Reilly said that the capitalist system is tough, but it’s not rigged. He stressed that Americans must get educated and be good at their trade to make money, adding that technology – not labor – is driving the economy.

“What the left will never, never tell you […] is that it is largely up to you, the individual American, to do what’s necessary to make money,” he said.

O’Reilly said that Clinton “is selling a myth to gullible voters, people who are frustrated about their own lack of success.”

“The entire income inequality play is a giant ruse designed to get votes for the Democratic Party,” he said.

O'Reilly makes a good point about Income Inequality being a ruse to gain votes.  I wish that he would have expounded further into what happens when government controls the flow of money.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about income inequality - SunsetBengal - 06-06-2015, 03:55 PM