Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's take a minute and acknowledge this
(12-07-2015, 04:28 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Dalton is having a spectacular year. I certainly have enjoyed every game in which we've won. This team in general is a joy to watch...but and yes there is a BUT we have to win in the playoffs for all this to actually be meaningful. You have a year like this and the Bengals lose in the playoffs and the thing we will remember most about this season is that we choked yet again in the playoffs.

I don't want to think about the playoffs at this point but since others brought it up I thought I'd throw my 2 cents.

As far as being wrong about the dude.....yes I was wrong about him entirely if he continues to play like this. I have no issue admitting that.

I totally agree with you. This season will still be a disappointment if the team goes one-n-done again. All I'm saying is that Dalton is having a special season that proves he should be in the discussion with the best QB's in the game.

If Dalton fails in the playoffs, then so be it. He's a top QB who struggles (for whatever reason) in the playoffs.  He shouldn't need playoff success to be acknowledged as a top QB though. Not when that status has been bestowed upon the likes of Palmer, Romo, Peyton (before he won a ring), Matt Ryan and others in the past.

It seems as if the media is refusing to take Dalton seriously until he wins a playoff game, yet no such thing is said about Palmer, who has gone much longer without a win. It makes no sense.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's take a minute and acknowledge this - Shake n Blake - 12-07-2015, 04:27 PM