Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's take a minute and acknowledge this
(12-07-2015, 12:11 AM)Utts Wrote: Andy is having a great season, and playing better than I ever thought he was capable of. However, I'd argue that much of the past criticism was warranted, and if he tanks in the playoffs the spectacular regular season will be largely meaningless.

to just measure a QB by playoff wins is actually largely  meaningless... For example here is a short list  QB's that I believe Dalton is better than but have at least two playoff wins 

Tony Eason
Neil Odonnell
Stan Humphries
Vince Ferragamo
Chris Chandler
Kordell Stewart
Rex Grossman
Jim Everertt

I could name a few more but this small sample i believe proves my point.  Andy Dalton has established himself as a top 10 QB in this league now in his 5th year... 

I heard a great analysis on the radio the other day of what type of QB a team should look for in general.. Don;t measure them on how high their bar could be, measure them on how low their bar could be..   I think Andy fits that very well.. he is probably never going to be at the high bar level of top QBs, but his low bar level is much better than most QBs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's take a minute and acknowledge this - Essex Johnson - 12-08-2015, 11:27 PM