Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Players are turning on Zac finally
(10-10-2022, 03:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: something is obviously wrong with the offense, and eventually that falls on the coach.  They aren't facing some new defensive scheme developed over the summer.  You fix it or find someone who can, and get your ego out of the way.

First off, unless you you're a coach /OC/DC, not sure any of us understand exactly what has been changed by NFL teams from season to season. I do know based on readings that the Ravens, for one, changed their scheme once Wink left. They don't count nearly as much on the blitz.While they may/may not be facing entirely new schemes, I can guarantee you they're seeing things pre-snap they have not seen. This happens in HS football.No different than seeing lots of pre-snap movement by the front 7 where you don't know where the blitz/stunts, etc. are coming from.

This team is not going to put up 30-35 ppg every game. In fact, this game came down to the 4 plays at the 2. We go in there and score it's a totally different ball game and everybody is talking about a great come-back W on the road against the team favored to win the division. And while I'm not a huge ZT fan in calling plays, I don't know how much influence he's getting/accepting/not accepting from Callahan.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Players are turning on Zac finally - Tony - 10-10-2022, 01:33 PM
RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - higgy100 - 10-10-2022, 03:17 PM