Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Players are turning on Zac finally
(10-10-2022, 10:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can that camp exist? Isn't a HC job to get good coordinators and kind of oversee things? Yes and yes but he was strapped with trying to hire coordinators to come to the Bengals with no real track record of success or good FO management. Credit Zac personally for changing the culture of the FO too

Wasn't he hired because of his offensive mind? I really never seen a track record of this being true, had he been the OC of the Rams then yes, but obviously he was viewed as a potentially up and coming offensive guru. But no he was not prior to arrival and the Bengals were the first team to even offer him a HC gig.   

Don't HCs come up with gameplan and in game strategy? Our 1st quarters are terrible. We're like 2-26 or something trailing going into the 4th quarter. True but I witnessed some amazing adjustments last year after the first quarter and once again took team to SB when not even Homers were not predicting to happen with a sieve for an O-line.

What great HC qualities does he have? Took his team to the SB in only his 3rd year as HC and seemed to have the respect of the players the entire way even when fans were lighting their torches at the 3/4 pole. With a 2nd year QB and a rookie #1 WR, kicker, and possibly the worst NFL O-line in history even. People can say this was done in spite of Zac on player talent alone but that talent has not showed up this season when the Bengals have had every chance to be 5-0 in spite of Zac.

Now my problem with him is he wants to gamble way too much in lieu of taking the points he has earned when available and tries to get too cute with lengthy plays more often the required. Yet he is a young coach and can still adapt to this and change.

Everybody talks about Joe leaving, but that's not happening.

But if I'm Evan McPhearson ? Would be taking the first train out of Cincy knowing he has shackles put on his leg and stats by Zac going for it so often. Once again he is young and may adjust. 

Think Zac has just put too much on his plate at once while he is still in a learning curve from QB coach to HC and should alleviate some of that by removing the play calling and focusing on the entire picture of managing.  

You can ostracize him and call for his head but I believe what you learn and how you react through adversity will tell what kind of leader one is and am willing to see what he does through this adversity. Does he become a beacon amidst a wrath or keep sinking ?
He is only 5 games removed from a SB and he has not done well so far, yet neither have the players. I blame them all and that includes Zac but not giving up the race when not even a third has been run this year, no matter how frustrating it has been to witness so far.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Players are turning on Zac finally - Tony - 10-10-2022, 01:33 PM
RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - Go Cards - 10-11-2022, 01:11 AM