Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Props to Lou Anarumo and the Defense
(10-20-2022, 10:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Think about it: No second half touchdowns allowed all season.  No second half touchdowns allowed by the Chiefs in either game last year.  Only permitting 18 stingy points per game on average.

When Zac Taylor hired Lou Anarumo as his first defensive coordinator I had never heard of him.  Who would have thought this unheralded defensive backs coach from the New York Giants would turn the Bengals’ defense into a run-stuffing pass-snatching beast?

Honestly I’m still gobsmacked.  I didn’t see this coming in 2019 or early in 2020.  The defensive draft selections got better.  Reputable players began arriving via free agency.  Then came THE play: Von Bell demolishing JuJu Smith-Schuster in prime time; I was at that game and the hit was SO loud. Now the Cincinnati defensive roster is loaded with stars and Lou might be the best coach I’ve ever seen with respect to not just making halftime adjustments but making adjustments between possessions.

Keeping Lou in Cincinnati for a long time needs to be a high priority.

I liked what I saw from some alignment and scheme standpoint, but he didn't have the personnel to execute what he wanted to do. I totally understand the fans perspective of changing things to match your talent vs trying to make the talent adjust to you. It's a patience thing. With all of the losing, I get that too. On the flip, I understand them wanting to see how their philosophy would work. He's been a surprise though, no doubt.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Props to Lou Anarumo and the Defense - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-21-2022, 10:42 AM