Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports
(11-20-2022, 12:10 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Has to be jersey sales which would explain some MLB and NBA teams ahead. Less players to choose from and more start drive. No doubt it’s burrow and Chase factor.

No. As I mentioned above the best I could find on this "study".

Quote:The list has been worked out by odds comparison experts Sidelines.io, who analyzed each team's number of followers, mentions, engagement rate, average likes and average attendance.

So a study done by some sports betting advice website that is apparently putting a lot of weight on social media mentions and engagement rate. Again, I have not seen any major sports media report on the findings of this "study". 

Update I just looked again and this was one of the only few other news outlets I saw it mentioned.

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/where-do-the-warriors-rank-among-most-popular-american-sports-teams/

Quote:The study measured American professional sports teams using the following factors:

• Number of Instagram followers
  • Social media mentions
  • Engagement rate
  • Average likes
  • Average attendance

Again I'm certain the Bengals have increased in popularity and that's cool.  But this "study" is mostly BS because it seems heavily weighted toward social media followers (apparently Instagram), mentions (which could be just about anything good or bad) and engagement rate which I'm not sure how that is defined.  Honestly the whole thing looks like something that sports betting advice site just used to garner more attention to their website.

Heck new findings from my study we will call it the Top 3 Most Hated NFL teams.  Results

1.  Steelers
2.  Ravens
3.  Browns

Study was conducted by reading the BengalsBoard.com and also a post I saw on Instagram where Jessica said she hates the Steelers.  That post got 5 likes.   Tongue
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - George Cantstandya - 11-20-2022, 01:58 PM