Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary tries to be Bernie with Fast Food Workers; Supports fight for $15 an hour
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/clinton-to-fast-food-workers-i-want-to-be-your-champion-118708.html?hp=c3_3

It sounds like she didn't explicitly say that she supports $15 an hour, she said things like she supports their fight for a living wage and ““No man or woman who works hard to feed American families should have to be on food stamps to feed their own family... Every worker in every state and every city deserves a fair wage and a real voice on the job".

Can an average working American can actually get behind this? Before I was a teacher, I was working as a Paraeducator making $15 an hour in a job that required a degree and me doing more than pushing some pictures on an LCD screen or flipping burgers.

I get calls to raise the minimum wage to $9 or $10 bucks. The current is $7.25 so that wouldn't be as extreme, but more than doubling it? It would have to take place over a few years (like Maryland is doing, but they only raised it to $10.10).

You're going to have a lot of angry medical assistants, teachers assistants, or administrative assistants who went to school and are making that much money. Obviously they'll want much more than $15.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Hillary tries to be Bernie with Fast Food Workers; Supports fight for $15 an hour - BmorePat87 - 06-07-2015, 06:01 PM