Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to give some props to Frank Pollack
(11-29-2022, 05:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't know what "true pass sets" means versus just pressure rate. It sounds like it's a BS stat if it's saying the team that's allowed the 5th most sacks in the NFL is 1st in it, though. Lol

Again, I agree there has been improvement but still gotta look at who they played. Week 7 onward cuts out 4 of the 5 games the Bengals have played against teams with winning records...

5-7 Falcons
4-7 Browns
4-8 Panthers
4-7 Steelers
7-4 Titans

The only team close to a winning record on that list are the Titans, and they are 1-4 this year against teams with a winning record and have just feasted on beating up horrible teams. Heck, their 1 win against a team with a winning record came against the Wentz Commanders who were 2-4 under Wentz before going 5-1 with Heinicke. I wouldn't bet on the Titans against the Heinicke Commanders. The Titans other 6 wins have all been 4 win or worse teams.

A true pass set takes out things that give an offense an advantage. Things like less than 4 rushers, play action, quick passes (not sure the exact time--maybe 2.5 seconds, 2 seconds?), screens, etc. They are straight drop backs with no window dressing. It's considered a more stable metric because there's nothing giving a lineman an advantage. It's you blocking them on an even field.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to give some props to Frank Pollack - rfaulk34 - 11-29-2022, 06:20 PM