Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to give some props to Frank Pollack
(11-29-2022, 06:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Are you talking about season-long or recent improvement? The first 2 games really skews the total numbers. I'm not saying, oh let's just forget that happened, but how have they done over the last 9 games, comparatively?

I think there's legitimate reason to believe they needed several games of playing together to play well. 

You're right the first 2 games do skew the sack numbers a little (they've been bad rushing pretty much the entire year sans the Panthers anomaly so no skew there) but is that because they needed several games of playing together to play well (it's called Preseason, Zac Taylor, use it) or just because they played really stiff pass rushing competition? 

I am pretty confident that if they played the Cowboys again it would be much the same result. The Cowboys have 45 sacks and the team with the 2nd most in the NFL has 37. Lol. It is absurd.

Also not sure a healthy Steelers DL doesn't do similar again. Don't think Twatt is anywhere near himself right now. In his 3 games back he has 0.5 sacks (the .5 came against the Bengals) which is the lowest for any 3 game stretch for him since 2018. 

It feels a bit like saying "other than the good DLs, they have done pretty well, right?" Lol.. but I do understand what you're saying. I sure wish Taylor wasn't an idiot who thought practice was enough for 5 guys who had never played in a game with a single one of each other so we could be more certain if it was lack of cohesion or just higher level of competition.

At least we can confidently say that improved cohesion or not, the run game leaves a whooooole lot to be desired.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to give some props to Frank Pollack - TheLeonardLeap - 11-29-2022, 07:06 PM