Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to give some props to Frank Pollack
(12-01-2022, 07:16 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I tried to look up the dead money hit for Mixon but I didn't find it. So maybe someone can tell us what it is for Mixon being cut next year. But the team has an option for 2024 so I don't see them moving on from him any sooner than that. As far as Bates we'll just have to wait and see what happens. My concern is another Whitworth situation where we draft the heir apparent only to find out there not capable of performing the job at a starters level. So we end up with a defense that struggles in the back end making life easy on opposing QBs and wasting years of Burrow and Chase because we can't out score teams every week. But that's a worry for another day.

The Bengals would net around $1.8 million if they cut Mixon in the offseason. They could save a lot more if they designate him as a post June 1st cut, but the Bengals rarely do something like that.

If they move on from Mixon, it tells me they think he hit RB wall or he's very close to hitting it. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to give some props to Frank Pollack - Bengal Dude - 12-02-2022, 02:43 AM