Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary tries to be Bernie with Fast Food Workers; Supports fight for $15 an hour
(06-07-2015, 07:30 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And it gets even crazier - people are buying more and more clothes and even FURNITURE online, which are two of the last things you'd expect since it's so tough to shop for that stuff without testing it out.

Anyway, $12 an hour sounds about right to me.  That's almost $25k per year, which is pretty decent for a single person...and for a family a couple could hit nearly $40k with one of them working part-time.

Outside of energy, and possibly food, I'm not sure how limited we are by resources.  So the real problem that needs to be solved/navigated is the apparent lag between rising wages and the subsequent purchasing power being created by globalization in developing economies.  The real issue is simply the global supply of labor outpacing the global demand FROM that labor.  Sure, the wealthy slice off their piece of the pie, but the real wealth transfer is from labor in developed economies to labor in developing economies.  That's a much tougher problem to solve and a less sexy thing for politicians to pontificate on.

I don't agree with an across the board minimum wage. The cost of living in New York City is vastly different than the cost of living in Almost-a-Ghost-Town, Oklahoma. Decisions on minimum wage should be made at the lower levels of government (city, county, etc.), not the federal level. Competition help will sort it out over time.

Dam! I sound so conservative!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary tries to be Bernie with Fast Food Workers; Supports fight for $15 an hour - Bengalzona - 06-07-2015, 07:36 PM