Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College suspends tenured professor Christians & Muslims “worship the same God"
(12-18-2015, 11:21 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Is Jesus Christ God? 
A Christian will say yes, Jesus Christ is God. The Jew and Muslim will call Jesus Christ a Prophet or teacher or Rabbi...not God. Therefore, we do not worship the same god.

Christians worship God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit or Ghost, one God in three persons.

I can't think of an analogy to help me out. I posted a great book on the Godhead if any want to read and try to understand it. It's very long though and detailed, it will make your eyes bleed, lol.

If it is not the same God of Abraham, though, then there is a loss of legitimacy to the idea of Jesus being God made flesh. It's a paradox, really. The theology I grew up with and that which my current denomination holds, is that we worship the God of Abraham, which is the same God of the Jews and Muslims. To me, without acknowledging that we, as Christians, worship the God of Abraham as well, we cannot embrace the OT, which is what is needed to back the claim of Jesus as our Lord.

Messages In This Thread
RE: College suspends tenured professor Christians & Muslims “worship the same God" - Belsnickel - 12-19-2015, 08:17 AM