Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2nd interview with Arizona for Lou
(02-05-2023, 05:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I am actually surprised that Lou is getting this much of an opportunity.  Last year's defense was good, at the end of the season and this year is the first really good one, but still not Top 5.  The previous ones were not good whatsoever.  Lou didn't have that great a reputation as a fantastic defensive mind prior to coming here and wasn't one of our top choices.

He is also older, white, kind of non-charismatic... not saying he hasn't become a very good D Coordinator, but there seems to be several others with a better history, younger, and in some cases a minority.  That said Zac had even less experience so....who knows?  But I'm not sure I would be excited about Lou being the new HC if I am a Cards fan... assuming they don't have an awesome offensive coordinator already in the works.
The first two years was Lou getting rid of the malcontents and guys who took plays off, who would not buy into his system and play their assignments. Once those idiots were replaced, the defense took off.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2nd interview with Arizona for Lou - ah5 - 02-04-2023, 08:32 PM
RE: 2nd interview with Arizona for Lou - Sled21 - 02-06-2023, 11:23 AM