Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2nd interview with Arizona for Lou
(02-06-2023, 09:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: That is like saying Burrow 1st year was terrible, record yes but he played well did not have enough around him.. ..  you or I have little clue about adjustments. your statement acted like you did... that was my point.. you can be a good coach but if you don;t have players that can make adjustments it hard to see your coaching... Lou got better players and it seems he also improved some players.. ie Apple best example.. Also I believe the best DC coaches were once DB coaching, since that is probably the most important part of a defense now days. 

Looks like Arizona is done to two for the job Flores going to Minn as DC

You make the most annoying comments.  I never "acted" like I knew anything about Lou's adjustments, you continually display a total lack of comprehension.

Everybody knows better players make better coaches, yet when it comes to hiring, nobody really cares about how good your players are, they want results....

Saying Lou improved Apple is something you do not know... why wouldn't that credit go to Livingston and Burks?  You know the guys who work with him daily for hours and hours...?

Your example comparing Burrow's wins and losses in his first year is beyond pathetic and reveals an even lower aptitude of football knowledge than even I had expected.

Players are not judged by coaches as to wins and losses, especially a player that played very well then was injured.... that is beyond ignorant. 

Coordinators on the other hand, are judged based upon the results and rankings of their unit.  

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2nd interview with Arizona for Lou - ah5 - 02-04-2023, 08:32 PM
RE: 2nd interview with Arizona for Lou - casear2727 - 02-06-2023, 09:49 PM