Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe?
(02-22-2023, 07:54 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Stop it.

I get that he is on the Bengals and there is some homerism and bias happening, but to take a guy who has been in the league 2 years and say he is better than Antonio Brown was in his prime, is premature and just a bad take.

Brown became a nutcase and a diva as he started to buy into his own hype and his own numbers and value (like a lot of star WRs tend to do) but look at the numbers in 2013, 2014, 15, 16, and 17 that guy was the most feared WR in the league. I know we all hate him because he played in pittsburgh, but look at the stats and take away the hate and you'll see just how dominate he was for those years. It sucks that he was on our rival and just making plays on us all the time, but in the end the guy was a star and I hate to say that.

Chase had a FAR better start to his career than AB. Like, not even close. He was instantly a top 5 WR as a 21 year old rookie. AB didn’t even break out until his age 25 season. Here are the numbers from his first 3 seasons (38 games):

2010 - 167 yards, 0 TD
2011 - 1108 yards, 2 TD
2012 - 787 yards, 5 TD’s

Health permitting, there’s no reason not to think Chase is already on his way to being better. I think we all can imagine what kind of numbers Chase will be putting up at 25 and beyond.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe? - Nicomo Cosca - 02-22-2023, 09:53 PM