Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe?
(02-19-2023, 01:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Sorry that your dad's dog dies on your birthday

Grammar smacker.

Wait, that part is in quotations.  I disagree with your grammar smackery.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 04:46 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I clearly stated twice that the title was click bait, but you be you.

The only TE on the roster is Asiasi and rookie TEs usually take a year or two to be ready.  Mayer is probably plug-n-play ready.

We have no WR3 to take Boyd's place, counting on us finding a rookie to be as productive is very risky.  See John Ross and several others in every draft.

TE would seem necessary, more speed in the backfield and in the receiving core would be helpful, CB depth could be addressed.

Oline may be the highest priority if LC isnt going to be ready.

We could also be looking ahead for Trey and DJ replacements.

This thread, that you started has the title “Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe?” Then you went on and on dissecting everything the quotes might mean. Then, you say it’s click bait? Which is it…credible or click bait?

Drafting a TE that’s NFL ready is not hard in this draft as there are plenty of them. Plenty of slot relievers, too. LC’s time with the Bengals was brief and slightly disappointing, but he’s headed for a medical settlement. FA (which I haven’t looked at yet) should be a good resource for his replacement.

Bates ain’t coming back, either. But, I think Hill gets his coming out party next season. Taylor-Brit will slot into Eli Apple’s slot. The kid from KC isn’t going to get anywhere near this team with his recent incitement.

So, we now have plenty of cap space, even after signing the extensions, while getting younger, getting some players on rookie contracts and getting all of our important players under contract.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 12:19 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: This thread, that you started has the title “Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe?”  Then you went on and on dissecting everything the quotes might mean.  Then, you say it’s click bait?  Which is it…credible or click bait?

Drafting a TE that’s NFL ready is not hard in this draft as there are plenty of them.  Plenty of slot relievers, too.  LC’s time with the Bengals was brief and slightly disappointing, but he’s headed for a medical settlement.  FA (which I haven’t looked at yet) should be a good resource for his replacement.  

Bates ain’t coming back, either.  But, I think Hill gets his coming out party next season.  Taylor-Brit will slot into Eli Apple’s slot.  The kid from KC  isn’t going to get anywhere near this team with his recent incitement.

So, we now have plenty of cap space, even after signing the extensions, while getting younger, getting some players on rookie contracts and getting all of our important players under contract.

I said the title was click bait regarding a "subtle message to Joe". It's really not that difficult.  Dissecting the quotes doesnt have anything to do with the title.  I'll type slower next time so you can get it.

Mayer is the only TE most trust as plug-n-play, others defitniely can, just not as confident they will make an impact.

"Plenty of slot receivers in the draft", if only it were that easy, this is why we always have a replacement before cutting or trading a player.  We dont want any slot receiver.  There are some with bad hands, soem that can also be returners, some that cant.   Stating that we will get who we want is silly.  We didnt get a single guy we thought would be available last draft. Hopefully that changes this draft.

You know LC is getting a medical settlement for sure?  Im thinking you didnt know what a medical settlement was until I brought it up when the conversation to cut LC began.  However, if you have a great source please share what you know or are you just stating your opinion as fact?

CTB is already CB2, he took that during the season last year.

Reply/Quote
^^^^^^

I know nothing for sure (and neither does anyone else) except death and taxes.

Then again, I don’t claim to have any inside knowledge of the Bengals players and/or front office.

I had higher hopes for LC. He came in hurt, and then was injured again. Wishing and hoping he’s better than he was last season (which he was mediocre, at best) is a fools wish. My guess, and it’s just a guess, the Bengals will move on from him as a result.

There are plenty of NFL worthy slot receivers and TEs in this draft. Bengals can get better and cheaper with any of the top 4 at either position.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 01:12 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: ^^^^^^

I know nothing for sure (and neither does anyone else) except death and taxes.  

Then again, I don’t claim to have any inside knowledge of the Bengals players and/or front office.

I had higher hopes for LC.  He came in hurt, and then was injured again.  Wishing and hoping he’s better than he was last season (which he was mediocre, at best) is a fools wish.  My guess, and it’s just a guess, the Bengals will move on from him as a result.

There are plenty of NFL worthy slot receivers and TEs in this draft.  Bengals can get better and cheaper with any of the top 4 at either position.

LC is a question mark going into the draft, I doubt we go big in FA so we have to draft one early.

I dont disagree that LC may be done, but unless he and the team agree to a medical settlement it would be close to the start of the season at the earliest before LC could be declared fit to play and then cut.  Either way it doesnt do us any good this free agency, maybe at cut time during spring training...? 

LC's contract structure when it comes to playing time could be an issue with the medical settlement, I havent looked into it that far.

I agree the TE's are better this draft, not sure I would say plenty, especially if the Top 4 are all gone before our 2nd round pick.

I like a few slots in this draft and they are all speedsters.  I suggested this last year during the WR sweepstakes - trade Boyd with 2 years on his deal at max value and sign a speedy guy to replace him.   Mims, Scott, Parker Washington fit the mold this draft.

But let me ask you this, what if we plan to move Chase to the slot next year and instead draft another big, and fast outside WR?   Just a thought.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 02:54 PM)casear2727 Wrote: LC is a question mark going into the draft, I doubt we go big in FA so we have to draft one early.

I dont disagree that LC may be done, but unless he and the team agree to a medical settlement it would be close to the start of the season at the earliest before LC could be declared fit to play and then cut.  Either way it doesnt do us any good this free agency, maybe at cut time during spring training...? 

LC's contract structure when it comes to playing time could be an issue with the medical settlement, I havent looked into it that far.

I agree the TE's are better this draft, not sure I would say plenty, especially if the Top 4 are all gone before our 2nd round pick.

I like a few slots in this draft and they are all speedsters.  I suggested this last year during the WR sweepstakes - trade Boyd with 2 years on his deal at max value and sign a speedy guy to replace him.   Mims, Scott, Parker Washington fit the mold this draft.

But let me ask you this, what if we plan to move Chase to the slot next year and instead draft another big, and fast outside WR?   Just a thought.

There’s going to have to be a lot of one year rentals like Hurst and Reiff going forward. Luckily the attractiveness of being an elite team and it’s growing reputation of a great environment lends itself to it. Forget Mims I’m not a buyer at all. Not a buyer of Harrison the Sooner tackle at all. But definitely not Mims. His personality/character is too much I’m first for me. His failures aren’t his fault and his successes are only because of him.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 03:00 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: There’s going to have to be a lot of one year rentals like Hurst and Reiff going forward. Luckily the attractiveness of being an elite team and it’s growing reputation of a great environment lends itself to it. Forget Mims I’m not a buyer at all. Not a buyer of Harrison the Sooner tackle at all. But definitely not Mims. His personality/character is too much I’m first for me. His failures aren’t his fault and his successes are only because of him.

Didnt know the character issues, Boutte is another one I like but character...

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 04:18 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Didnt know the character issues, Boutte is another one I like but character...

Harrison I just think if he played hard every down would be elite. He’s talented and football savvy smart. Picks things up really well. Mims is very intelligent. His parents wanted him to not leave early. He’s not all about me all the time mind you but he and his Dad complained on twitter about his lack of touches his sophomore year. He set some Texas high school receiving records and boo hooed about only being a 4 star.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 02:54 PM)casear2727 Wrote: But let me ask you this, what if we plan to move Chase to the slot next year and instead draft another big, and fast outside WR?   Just a thought.

Won’t happen. Chase is one of the best “field stretchers” in the league. He’s fast,big and strong. He’s worth too much as a WR1.

Like TEs, there are a bunch of worthwhile WRs we could draft to replace TB. TB’s a tough dude. You hope they can find someone who will get those tough, over the middle yards.

This is a good draft if you’re drafting at the bottom of the 1st round, as we are this draft. Lots of TE, WR talent. No Chase or Justin Jeffersons, but ones who should turn out to be good #2 or #3 WRs especially give so many teams will be drafting a QB in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 08:09 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Won’t happen.  Chase is one of the best “field stretchers” in the league.  He’s fast,big and strong.   He’s worth too much as a WR1.

Like TEs, there are a bunch of worthwhile WRs we could draft to replace TB.  TB’s a tough dude.  You hope they can find someone who will get those tough, over the middle yards.

This is a good draft if you’re drafting at the bottom of the 1st round, as we are this draft.  Lots of TE, WR talent.  No Chase or Justin Jeffersons, but ones who should turn out to be good #2 or #3 WRs especially give so many teams will be drafting a QB in this draft.

No doubt, but Chase like's the slot and he will have many more opportunities to get the ball in his hands, and even more importantly; it really messes with matchups of which he can take advantage.  Kupp lead the league in every statistic, Triple Crown, from the slot.

Trying to double the slot with your 2 best guys is a nightmare, and if you do, who is defending the boundary?

Slots do not have to be small fast guys anymore and it doesnt mean he cant go wide sometimes.  He has said he likes the opportunities the slot offers, which I took as getting the ball more often.  I like getting the ball to Chase more often.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 08:09 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Won’t happen.  Chase is one of the best “field stretchers” in the league.  He’s fast,big and strong.   He’s worth too much as a WR1.

Like TEs, there are a bunch of worthwhile WRs we could draft to replace TB.  TB’s a tough dude.  You hope they can find someone who will get those tough, over the middle yards.

This is a good draft if you’re drafting at the bottom of the 1st round, as we are this draft.  Lots of TE, WR talent.  No Chase or Justin Jeffersons, but ones who should turn out to be good #2 or #3 WRs especially give so many teams will be drafting a QB in this draft.

While all true, Chase can be devastating in the Slot as well. Need to add versatile talent if we do add a TE or WR early. Would rather 
have a RT like Darnell Wright and get our running game better which is our biggest weakness on the Offense right now. We get a elite
running game and this Offense with Burrow and Chase becomes a juggernaut.
Reply/Quote

Cooper Kupp is WR1 and plays out of the slot.

Antonio Brown was a nightmare for years and plays out of the slot.

Slot WR doesn't mean the guy isn't the WR1 on the team nor does it mean he can't play outside or stretch a field.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
They have lined up Chase in the slot as a “change it up”. But, his strengths are lining up outside, where he stretches the field with his speed and his ability to win one on ones (and even double teams).

Chase is better than both Krupp and Brown. Plus, he can play anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 02:41 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: They have lined up Chase in the slot as a “change it up”.  But, his strengths are lining up outside, where he stretches the field with his speed and his ability to win one on ones (and even double teams).

Chase is better than both Krupp and Brown.  Plus, he can play anywhere.

Stop it.

I get that he is on the Bengals and there is some homerism and bias happening, but to take a guy who has been in the league 2 years and say he is better than Antonio Brown was in his prime, is premature and just a bad take.

Brown became a nutcase and a diva as he started to buy into his own hype and his own numbers and value (like a lot of star WRs tend to do) but look at the numbers in 2013, 2014, 15, 16, and 17 that guy was the most feared WR in the league. I know we all hate him because he played in pittsburgh, but look at the stats and take away the hate and you'll see just how dominate he was for those years. It sucks that he was on our rival and just making plays on us all the time, but in the end the guy was a star and I hate to say that.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 07:54 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Stop it.

I get that he is on the Bengals and there is some homerism and bias happening, but to take a guy who has been in the league 2 years and say he is better than Antonio Brown was in his prime, is premature and just a bad take.

Brown became a nutcase and a diva as he started to buy into his own hype and his own numbers and value (like a lot of star WRs tend to do) but look at the numbers in 2013, 2014, 15, 16, and 17 that guy was the most feared WR in the league. I know we all hate him because he played in pittsburgh, but look at the stats and take away the hate and you'll see just how dominate he was for those years. It sucks that he was on our rival and just making plays on us all the time, but in the end the guy was a star and I hate to say that.

Don't stop at AB. 

Tell me which of the last 2 WRs have performed better in the last 2 years:

WR-A: 168 receptions, 2501 yards, 22 TDs (29 games)

WR-B: 220 receptions, 2759 yards, 22 TDs (26 games)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Quote:I'm not looking too much into this am I?
Hmmmmmmmm..Could be. Ninja

If I had to guess and by guessing I sacrifice my life if I'm wrong I'd say yes..You're definitely looking too much into it..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 07:54 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Stop it.

Chase had a FAR better start to his career than AB. Like, not even close. He was instantly a top 5 WR as a 21 year old rookie. AB didn’t even break out until his age 25 season. Here are the numbers from his first 3 seasons (38 games):

2010 - 167 yards, 0 TD
2011 - 1108 yards, 2 TD
2012 - 787 yards, 5 TD’s

Health permitting, there’s no reason not to think Chase is already on his way to being better. I think we all can imagine what kind of numbers Chase will be putting up at 25 and beyond.

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 09:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Chase had a FAR better start to his career than AB. Like, not even close. He was instantly a top 5 WR as a 21 year old rookie. AB didn’t even break out until his age 25 season. Here are the numbers from his first 3 seasons (38 games):

2010 - 167 yards, 0 TD
2011 - 1108 yards, 2 TD
2012 - 787 yards, 5 TD’s

Health permitting, there’s no reason not to think Chase is already on his way to being better. I think we all can imagine what kind of numbers Chase will be putting up at 25 and beyond.

Sure he's "on his way". Seems like only yesterday folks were asserting how AJ Green would rewrite the Bengal's record books. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 09:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't stop at AB. 

Tell me which of the last 2 WRs have performed better in the last 2 years:

WR-A: 168 receptions, 2501 yards, 22 TDs (29 games)

WR-B: 220 receptions, 2759 yards, 22 TDs (26 games)

Targets:

WR-A: 262

WR-B: 289

Kupp comes out way ahead on targets despite 3 less games. You feed Ja’Marr like LA did Kupp in 21 and we’re probably talking about him winning the triple crown, too.

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 10:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure he's "on his way". Seems like only yesterday folks were asserting how AJ Green would rewrite the Bengal's record books. 

This is weird behavior.

Reply/Quote