Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe?
(02-22-2023, 09:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Chase had a FAR better start to his career than AB. Like, not even close. He was instantly a top 5 WR as a 21 year old rookie. AB didn’t even break out until his age 25 season.

Chase was a 5th overall pick.
AB was a 6th ROUND pick.

If Chase didn't have a better initial start to his career, that'd honestly be more surprising.

(02-22-2023, 11:46 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: You have to take opportunity into this…

Browns second year in the league is the closest as far as targets/receptions and chase blew him away.   Brown wasn’t contending with a tee Higgins and he really did benefit from extended plays from Big Ben.

I’m not saying chase is better, but we are not fully comparing apples to apples in any comparison.

He was contending with Mike Wallace. Mike Wallace his first 3 years had both more receiving yards and receiving TDs than Higgins. At the end of AB's stretch he was contending with Juju, who started incredibly hot his first 2 years.

He is easy to forget about because he sorta died off once he left the Steelers, but Mike Wallace was seriously legit at that time. He was better than Tee, at least during that stretch.

More opportunity is generally given to a better player. Chase got more than Trenton Irwin, Trenton Irwin got more than Trent Taylor. Antonio Brown got more opportunity in his prime because he was always seemingly always open. If you threw to a worse player as much as AB got thrown to in his prime, you wouldn't have anywhere near as good results. You'd just be throwing a lot of incompletions and picks. Calvin Johnson got 204 targets in his record breaking year because nobody could stop him, if anyone could they would have had to throw to others.

- - - - - - - - - - -

And now I am pissed off that I am on here defending a Steeler, but I can't deny greatness and it's just a fact that AB for about 6 years there was indisputably a top-2 WR and probably not #2.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe? - TheLeonardLeap - 02-23-2023, 06:40 AM