Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what now when it comes to the TE room?
(03-23-2023, 10:21 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Do not trade out of the 1st round and lose the 5th year option.  If one of the RTs are there at 28 then take them.  You are (should) now have the tackle spots wrapped up (at a great price) for the next 4 years at least. All the complaints about OL and we have the opportunity to fix that this year...do it.  A TE in the first is insane to me.   Very limited use area for our offense.  Get the OL set.

I had that scenario played out in another thread with the importance of the 5th year for a priority position. In retrospect, a slight trade down should tax a team a little bit better pick or trade package.  If love a T or CB with a 5th year that would be very important for a team that could have cap issues in 5 years. The concept has value, but at the same time the right trade down package lets you restock CB or DT if they can't reach long term deals with those guys.  Basically, if Cincy says they're going TE in the 1st, I'd rather get value.  I think the last 2 times we left the cupboard bare at TE we telegraphed the picks with Gresham and Eifert.  I think we are there again if we don't add one soon, though I'd love the correct RT or even Bijan Robinson (though he is likely gone, I'd even give up a 4th to move into get him).  Indo agree though that the 5th year contract option is a big deal. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - phil413 - 03-23-2023, 11:32 AM