Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what now when it comes to the TE room?
(03-22-2023, 10:29 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I believe they will look to bring back Wilcox and I would not be shocked to see Sample back either. Even with this news I still do not believe there is true value in a first round TE for this offense. The most targets a TE has had under this staff was 68 last season with Hurst when we were seeing predominantly two high safeties. The TE in this scheme has average under 4.25 targets a game and I do not see how you put value in that with a first round selection.

Well, if we get a TE that Burrow likes to target instead of being the last option the targets and YPC for the TE would most definitely go 
up drastically. I still want Darnell Wright, DaWand Jones and Bergeron but if Mayer is there or we really think we can grow Washington
in the passing game it is possible we use a TE much more. I know people will mention Drew Sample being a 2nd round pick, but he was
overdrafted and it was a late 2nd round pick and he was drafted to block. We are a passing Offense now, much more so then back then.

(03-23-2023, 12:16 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He's been being mocked in the top 20 in two recent mocks that I've read. Can't remember the team but he might not make it to the late 20s.

Okay, well that takes him out of our thoughts then, been seeing Mayer taken by us in a lot of mocks lately.

I have to be open to the possibility now.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-23-2023, 01:31 PM