Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what now when it comes to the TE room?
(03-23-2023, 01:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, if we get a TE that Burrow likes to target instead of being the last option the targets and YPC for the TE would most definitely go 
up drastically. I still want Darnell Wright, DaWand Jones and Bergeron but if Mayer is there or we really think we can grow Washington
in the passing game it is possible we use a TE much more. I know people will mention Drew Sample being a 2nd round pick, but he was
overdrafted and it was a late round pick and he was drafted to block. We are a passing Offense now, much more so then back then.

Okay, well that takes him out of our thoughts then, been seeing Mayer taken by us in a lot of mocks lately.

I have to be open to the possibility now.

I completely understand what you are saying Nate but you have to consider the scheme as well. Primarily the Cincinnati TE is a blocker and after that a safety valve, and then there are situational routes where the TE is used to exploit the seams or to settle down into the open area of a zone. I think Joe liked targeting both Hurst and Uzomah however the scheme limits the route tree for the TE.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - OSUfan - 03-23-2023, 01:49 PM