Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what now when it comes to the TE room?
(03-23-2023, 02:24 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I am not really looking at LT's only want a RT. I do not really trust Pollack enough to draft a LT to play RT. Even with coaching excluded all players can not make that switch to the other side so it is a gamble. With Orlando on the team another LT would be unless if he cannot make the switch maybe move the guy to guard but we do not need a guard our hole is at RT and Volson will be ok at LG if he can improve some.

Yes, Harrison has played RT but he sure looks like a LT. The other guy's in Wright and Bergeron also can play on both sides but 
are more RT's, same as Dawand who is all RT. One of these guy's please...

(03-23-2023, 02:26 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Bergeron played RT and LT at Syracuse. I think he is built to play RT in the NFL. Carries the proper demeanor and everything to be a really good one at the position.

Really like Bergeron more and more if Darnell Wright is gone.

(03-23-2023, 02:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So what's your solution?

The FAs have been picked pretty clean.
The longer you wait in the draft, the more difficult it is to get an immediate contributor.
Your best bet to get an immediate contributor at TE is Pick #28.

The Bengals MIGHT be able to find a guy left in FA, but are they really going to instill any confidence of having a "win-now" TE

You might say a Day 2 TE is going to be fine, but you won't necessarily know who will fall all the way to the 2nd round selection.
The only guys I see as potential immediate starter TEs in the draft are Washington, Mayer, Musgrave, Kincaid (only really in a big slot type role though), Kraft, and LaPorta.
If you wait until 2nd round selection and teams knowing you desperately need a TE, it's possible all those guys are gone by that 2nd round selection.
There are other guys I like as TE2-caliber guys after those guys, but none of which I would be confident in being a solid starter.

Frank usually doesn't do the whole solution thing lol
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-23-2023, 03:09 PM