Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what now when it comes to the TE room?
(03-23-2023, 03:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Comes from his offseason workouts and what I've seen in games.
He may be less refined when it comes to routes, but he was effective when he got opportunities - 17.2 YPC at Georgia.
At the Combine, he demonstrated really good speed, agility (shuttle), and explosiveness. Especially at his huge size of 6'7" 264 lbs. Most of these TEs that are even coming in the same ballpark are about 10-20 lbs lighter.
Put me in the camp he would have gotten more opportunities as a receiver if he didn't have All-American and likely Top 10 pick next year Brock Bowers ahead of him at TE.

Again though, there is a bit of risk with that. You are getting hands down an elite blocker though, which Cincy shown in the past they want TEs who can block.

Im not big on spending a 1st Rd pick on a workout warrior without production, seen it way too many times go wrong.  We target TE's that actually run real routes about 4 times per game, this kid runs routes slipping off of blocks and the occasional vertical, does that equate to even less targets?   Thats is risky at 28.

I love his athleticism and his potential, but are we looking for a project (albeit a minor one) in the 1st Round?

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - casear2727 - 03-23-2023, 03:18 PM