Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what now when it comes to the TE room?
(03-23-2023, 03:18 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Im not big on spending a 1st Rd pick on a workout warrior without production, seen it way too many times go wrong.  We target TE's that actually run real routes about 4 times per game, this kid runs routes slipping off of blocks and the occasional vertical, does that equate to even less targets?   Thats is risky at 28.

I love his athleticism and his potential, but are we looking for a project (albeit a minor one) in the 1st Round?

I don't think that is an entirely fair characterization of Washington. His blocking production is real. That's on tape. He was just TE2 at Georgia because of Bowers, so got fewer targets. 

I mean, you are doing some projection in terms of his receiving skills. But the physical traits are elite. Worst case he is an elite blocker and fantastic short yardage/goal line target. I can live with that. He is almost like drafting a RT. The run game shouod improve with him at TE. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-23-2023, 04:00 PM