Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what now when it comes to the TE room?
(03-25-2023, 10:56 AM)OSUfan Wrote: He was a 20 year old kid when we drafted him and needed to do some maturing. It has been evidenced that this is happening. He is not a guard so this crap you are spewing about not beating out inside players is hysterical. Again, not everyone is built to play both inside and out in the NFL. His strength is obviously going to be at OT.

So where would the Bengals have been without his performance down the stretch? Were you complaining about him then?

They signed Brown because he is a dominant LT in the NFL and his run down the stretch when it mattered the most was awesome. It is hysterical that you would use an excellent move by the Bengals to upgrade the team as a way to downgrade one of their young players. 

The Bengals want Jonah to play RT because they are paying him over 12 mil this season.

Oh yeah...an NFL roster sucks without depth so yeah backups are critical. I sure as hell would feel pretty good having Carman on the bench for the Bengals if he is not starting.

I suppose that ideally, Jonah playing RT and playing it well is the best scenario we can hope for.  

Still, part of me wants to see Carman get the job and run with it.  I have no idea if he can switch sides, but I feel like I know that he absolutely is a tackle.  So much physicality.  

I don't know what happens with Williams and Collins.  It fells like something will.  That's a lot of guys to carry without knowing who the number 1 is.  I think I'd be pretty happy with Jonah being traded, Carman getting the job, then having Collins available mid season if it for some reason does not work out.  

The one thing that bothers me about it all is this: I feel pretty confident that Carman can play LT.  We have an albeit small sample size of him doing it at the most critical point in the season, and he was an absolute mauler.  I also fell confident that Brown could be possibly the best RT in the league.  He won't play there, but still, he's proven that he can do it at a high level.  Imagine if the LT thing wasn't such an issue and you could put the best fit at the best spot regardless.  

Don't get me wrong, getting Brown to play LT was like Christmas for this team.  He's going to make us better.  Hopefully a lot better.  Even so, if Carman is the player we saw in January, a line with him and Brown could be top ten or better in this league.  

I'm really pulling for Carman to earn that RT spot.  I want insurance behind him in case he can't hold it down, but I feel Jackson getting that job would benefit the team greatly.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - samhain - 03-25-2023, 11:26 AM