Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire
(04-07-2023, 05:59 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This may just be my cynicism talking, but I don't even feel this is that newsworthy. We all know that the supreme court is a political group. They are being lobbied just like any politician. Rich people wanting politicians' votes and "buying them" is nothing new.

The banality of evil is a political system where corruption is commonplace and barely even surprising (and to some does not even appear to be corruption because of how widespread it is).

Pretty much, i'm not going to put much stock into it either.

If you want to knock out the corruption, start attacking insider trading and/or make anyone in the House/Senate put their family stocks in blind trusts just like the the POTUS has to do. If they did that, i wonder how many would be multi-millionaires after their terms are up and would probably put an end to life time terms. Ofc some would find a way around it, but catch them and nail them hard to dissuade others from trying.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire - Mike M (the other one) - 04-07-2023, 06:56 PM