Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary tries to be Bernie with Fast Food Workers; Supports fight for $15 an hour
(06-07-2015, 07:32 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Don't forget to add housing, discounted life insurance, free medical care, and veterans benefits.

But, by the same token, many soldiers have hazardous jobs. Especially during wartime.

You beat me to it. Not to mention the college benefits. Besides, I don't know any soldiers who signed up for the pay.

Btw, to those arguing that the federal minimum wage shouldn't be increased because cost of living varies by state: In what state is 7.25 enough to live on?

Count me among those who think $15 is ridiculous, but $10-11 sounds about right. Keep in mind that most of these minimum wage jobs are also part time with no benefits. It's not just restaurants, either. That's a silly stereotype. All retail and temp jobs pay that much, in addition to many many other job types.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary tries to be Bernie with Fast Food Workers; Supports fight for $15 an hour - Shake n Blake - 06-08-2015, 09:52 PM