Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Force Awakens spoiler thread
(12-21-2015, 01:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I thought it was awesome.

I hope Abrams signs on to do the next ones. Any idea if he is willing or if they have any plans of bringing him back?

Someone else is already directing Episode VIII (Rian (sp?) Johnson is the name, I think). But, no reason he can't come back as a producer or something.

Random thoughts:
  • Saw the movie yesterday and I liked it, though, TBH, I felt a little bothered with how close it came to being a 2015 version of A New Hope (hero comes from a desert planet, Death Star like weapon with a weak spot, old man/mentor gets killed by the bad guy with a red lightsaber, etc.). 
  • I must say that I saw Han's death coming. I remember reading how Harrison Ford wanted Solo to die at the end of 5 or 6, but the clincher was the interaction with Leia before they headed off to the Starkiller base.
  • I'm pretty confident there's not going to be any Vader-like redemption for Kylo Ren. I think his conflict occurred in this movie and his killing of Han solidified his turn to the dark side and the eradication of the light side within him; plus, there's just no coming back from killing your own father (at least, there better not be).
  • Speaking of Mr. Ben Solo, I'm not fond of his character. I liked Vader as a villain. He had PRESENCE. He didn't need to do anything to instill fear in those around him. Ren, as someone else put it earlier, is like a whiny teenage douchebag. I'm hopeful that now that he's embraced the dark side fully, he'll become a better villain, but so far, I'm not impressed.
  • Am I the only one nerd enough to notice that Ren's lightsaber was unstable (the light I mean)? It was staticy or not "pure". I'm hopeful this was intentional and to show that Ren's not a master of the force (yet?).
  • I LOVED how they answered some of my questions with a line here or there and not with extemporaneously long backstories. For example, why Finn doesn't look like Jango Fett.
  • Count me in as one of those who thinks Rey is Luke's daughter. 
  • Is Supreme Leader Snoke a Sith Lord?
  • BB-8 giving Ren the "thumbs up" had to have been the funniest moment in the movie. I'm still chuckling at the thought of it.
  • I dislike how the movie made Captain Phasma seem inept. She's supposed to be this badass chick in badass armor. Sort of like this trilogy's Fett. Yet, she was caught by a stormtropper and an old man, did what they wanted and was thrown in a garbage compactor. I know the character plays a bigger role in the Rogue movie, but c'mon, at least make her get away from them in a cool manner or have them work extra hard at capturing her or something.
  • Rey is very pretty (even more so if you've seen her with her hair down), but man does she have small boobs. What is she, a pre-teen or something? Smirk
That's all I got for now, but man, it's going to be a long wait 'til Episode 8 gets here.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Force Awakens spoiler thread - J24 - 12-19-2015, 03:29 AM
RE: The Force Awakens spoiler thread - PhilHos - 12-21-2015, 04:48 PM