Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Force Awakens spoiler thread
(12-21-2015, 06:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: A lot of people are expecting a lot from Kylo Ren. He is young and inexperienced. They haven't released an official timeline, but my guess is that he was seduced by Snoke as a teen and he is now in his mid to late 20's. He did not have a real childhood, he has been told that he is the rightful heir to the dark side as Vader's grandson, he has not completed his training, probably due to the fact that Snoke wants to control him.

He is perceptive, like when he knows it was Finn who defected, but he still underestimates everyone. He has an almost sibling rivalry with Hux.

He is a very troubled and incomplete person. He isn't the polished Sith lord that Vader was. He still is challenged frequently with turning back to the light side.

The more I think about it, I think my dislike of the character really stems from the fact that he's in a leadership position when he's obviously not ready for it. As RRL put it, he's like Empire Luke; now imagine Empire Luke is thrust in the role of General. I don't think any of us would like him, then.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Force Awakens spoiler thread - J24 - 12-19-2015, 03:29 AM
RE: The Force Awakens spoiler thread - PhilHos - 12-21-2015, 10:55 PM