Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is moving to LA ?....I would think the Raiders
(12-22-2015, 06:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I would love to get another professional sports team in Portland, but it's very unlikely. No one here cares enough to actually get something going. Paul Allen owns the Blazers and he pretty much stops anything he can unless it benefits him financially. Our Triple A team tried to get a new stadium built and basically no one was willing to give them new land so they left town. Our WHL team owner was looking to acquire an NHL team and relocate them to Portland, that didn't come to fruition. The Oakland A's and Tampa Rays said they'd move to Portland if a stadium was built. It was talked about for two minutes and never mentioned again.

This place loves to complain about not being the most well known city in the Northwest, but they also want to keep their "small town" charm feel. They try to be unique and fully support the MLS team and call Portland, Soccer City, USA. I don't see a chance of a sport I actually care about coming here.

That's a shame.   It's a great area up there.    

Well I hope they explore some new cities instead of retreads who have proven they can't make it work for multiple franchises.    Teams don't leave cities where everything is great. Just like it's better to marry a girl who has never been married versus the girl who is looking for husband #3 or #4.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is moving to LA ?....I would think the Raiders - StLucieBengal - 12-22-2015, 09:40 PM