Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(05-08-2023, 10:50 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Were the woke trans activists that tried to boycott the game 'Hogwarts Legacy" right and I was wrong for buying & playing it? The boycott was due to JK Rowling's tweets from about 3 years ago, which I didn't necessarily disagree with, other than she probably should have kept it private to avoid the woke mob. Many of those activists were saying those that bought it were supporting transphobia and hate.

1 billion dollars in sales later, that attempted boycott failed. And I had a really fun time playing it, especially roaming around Hogwarts with the moving pictures and all it's secrets.

But I do see some overreaction from a few people like Kid Rock on the Bud Light thing. Because in my little cis male gendered brain (did I phrase that right?), who actually drinks Bud Light and is rich? Doesnt make any sense to me.

People are free to boycott, and I believe personally that people should make their preferences known via economic means. The interesting thing about this Bud Light thing is just how inefficient and chaotic our ability to logically boycott is.

The company is political for making these promotions with a trans person, but wasn't political when they were giving millions to a political party.  We see people like Don Jr begging boycotting conservatives to stop because the company has a history of giving people he supports money.  We see people of note and influence making a grand gesture to show they are NOT buying Bud Light, but they are buying other beverages that are made by the same company they are vowing to boycott.

Add in that conservatives gleefully make corporations into gigantic, ultra rich, too big to fail, monoliths and then think they're going to send them to the dark ages by boycotting them.  Just seeing conservatives boycotting or fighting against these insane corporations that have more money than most countries on the planet via decades of conservative-backed initiatives and economic loopholes is interesting.  We spend decades subbing to these giant corporations and they do something woke and now suddenly the NFL and Disney and Anheiser Bush are going to feel the wrath of the people.

Oh, and part of getting back at these woke companies is electing republican politicians who are going to make sure they never have to pay taxes.  Good idea, we've got this one.  Power to the peasants. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - Nately120 - 05-08-2023, 11:11 AM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM