Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(05-08-2023, 11:33 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Interestingly enough many GOP politicians have stated that the boycott is unnecessary as AB is a rather large GOP donor.  This boycott is much more of a grassroots movement than a political one, which is probably why it's having the effect it is and is ongoing.

I hear ya, it's another one of those moments where it's clear the royals of the GOP have lost control of the mob they have created.  With that being said, we regular folks and our boycotts are like the Japanese army shooting at Godzilla.  It's also interesting to think that 10 years ago I was living in Chicago and on the dating scene and the overly liberal women I'd match up with would find my love of the NFL to be an offputtingly conservative thing that they were against and boycotting.

We can do what we see fit and right, but AB and the NFL and Disney are going to be around long after we are dust.

(05-08-2023, 11:37 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: But also state it's too early to have a full view.

In the long run, it will have more of an impact than 1%. Many men (rather you agree or not) will not want to drink Bud Light because of the backlash they would receive from their friends and coworkers. Similar to why I wouldn't sit at a bar next to my friends and order a Green Fairy or a Milky Way Martini. Not because I don't have confidence in my being, but because I don't want to hear the BS. 

To each his own, but I feel like the "cool" thing to do is to do what you want and not care what other people think.  I had the mindset you are expressing when I was a teenager, where I didn't feel safe without a seatbelt on, but I didn't want to wear one in front of my friends because I didn't want to look like a wimp.  Ida know, just seems like the "alpha" dudes would order whatever they want and not care about the opinions of the sheep, or something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - Nately120 - 05-08-2023, 11:45 AM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM