Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(05-08-2023, 12:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think you're both conflating the boycott against Bud Light as being anti-homosexual.  While I'm sure there are some boycotting who fall into that category I don't think the boycott at large is motivated by that at all.  I have, as I have stated in the past, many gay friends, a gay little brother and my favorite uncle is gay.  You may be surprised as to how many of them have similar issues with the Trans rights movement that some straight people do.  There's currently a rather large schism in the LGBT community on this issue and it's only growing.

I'm talking about the scattered nature of the anti-woke agenda, really.  I don't think drinking a pro-gay beer is likely an acceptable alternative to bud light for people who are up in arms about bud light.

And yea, I get the trans thing and people's misgivings have merit, but it's also easy to see it getting lost in a real "what is it this time?" bit of fluff.  People can have issues with trans in sports, and children transitioning, but I don't see how making a concerted effort to boycott a company that paired with a trans person who to my knowledge is not competing in women's sports and is not a minor has to do with that.

Now maybe this person is using this fame to preach about kids transitioning and/or trans women in women's sports, I honestly don't know.  I see that people are trying to open my eyes to the idea that there is bi-partisan misgivings about trans people, but my point is that the dude bros at a bar who will ride your ass for drinking bud light probably wouldn't recommend drinking a "shove that gayness down my throat" beer as an alternative.

If trans people are a bi-partisan wedge issue, so be it.  I'm just talking about marketing here, and I'd argue that stuff like this is more of a distraction than anything.  But we need our distractions, I say as I argue on the internet. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - Nately120 - 05-08-2023, 12:49 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM