Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(05-08-2023, 09:08 PM)samhain Wrote: Libs sang the evils of Walmart from the highest mountain throughout the 90's and into the 2000's.  They wrote entire books about how shitty it was to patronize the megastore.  Impact was minimal if at all.  Lots of people claimed they'd never go there, but they inevitably did in most cases.  The only thing that stopped Walmart was the rise of an entity even more lethal to brick-and mortar business, ie Amazon.  And damn near all the anti-walmart folk probably have prime memberships, too.

Oddly enough, I know one person who doesn't go to Wal Mart and he and his family don't do so because they apparently did some pride thing or donated to something like that, or some such.  I also recall a Wal Mart being built in my small conservative dead factory PA hometown in 1999 and all the old folks and conservative types were freaking out and taking issue with it.
I know liberals complain about it, but I think they got burned out on it, as you've said.

(05-08-2023, 09:08 PM)samhain Wrote: Conservatives killed the NFL back in the Kaepernick kneeling days.  By gosh, Trump even called them players a bad name once.  It crippled the league from a financial standpoint when the nation stopped watching on the order of their president.  Players were forced to take real jobs.  Goodell lived in a homeless shelter for a brief spell.  Stadiums were torn down and replaced with NASCAR tracks.  Then Covid came and the league was totally unable to weather the crushing power of MAGA in all of it's glory.  That's what I think happened, anyway.

The NFL thing was a bit amusing because as I said before prior to the Kaepernick thing I dealt with liberal women finding my zeal for the NFL to be an off-putting support of a conservative and misogynistic corporation.  Then the Kaepernick thing happened and conservatives fluffed up the FAMILY VALUES of NASCAR and then NASCAR banned the confederate flag and they got butthurt over that.  Oy, it never ends for the folks who totally don't get offended. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - Nately120 - 05-08-2023, 09:51 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM