Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(05-09-2023, 04:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Plot twist, now gay bars in Chicago are boycotting AB products in response to the brand distancing itself from Mulvaney.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/bud-light-controversy-takes-a-twist-that-offends-a-whole-new-crowd/ar-AA1aXGHy?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9f2c37a969944854a03d8df67f5c8095&ei=105

Again, this will pass.

I did find this bit interesting though.

Quote:So in a way, Bud Light has managed to unite both the anti-trans and pro-trans factions of the country by focusing their anger on the brand.

But this is where the size of a global corporation like Anheuser-Busch InBev comes into play. 

While Bud Light might be at the center of a cultural identity for many American beer drinkers, the truth is Bud Light only represents a fraction of the $14.2 billion in revenue and more than $4 billion in profits the company reported in its most recent quarter.

"With respect to the current situation and the impact of Bud Light sales, it is too early to have a full view -- Bud Light's volume decline ... would represent around 1% of our overall global volumes for that period," explained Anheuser Busch CEO Michael Doukeris. 

"Bud Light is very important to our U.S. business, and I would never minimize the situation. However, seeing the context of our global company provides perspective."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - GMDino - 05-09-2023, 04:42 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM